elegant home of George Washington Frank, designed by his son George
Frank, Jr., was built in 1889. It is made of red Colorado sandstone
based on the H.H. Richardson Romanesque shingle style.
The mansion was
wired for electricity during construction. Other modern conveniences
in the house included two bathrooms, steam heat, and servant's quarters.
A five by ten-foot Tiffany stained glass window was also incorporated
during its construction. The house had ten original fireplaces. Only
six are presently intact.
The original kitchen
has been recently restored. Restoration is still an on-going project.